Friday, December 24, 2010

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid

I feel compelled to watch A Christmas Story every year on Christmas. It is a tradition I created with myself years ago. Christmas is all about tradition. Christmas is about doing the same things year after year, things like going to church; exchanging gifts; and getting in fights with family. I like tradition. Life is crazy and chaotic, and traditions remind me that not everything can be harmed by the hustle and bustle of school and work. So, in keeping with tradition, I am watching The Christmas Story. I have seen this movie countless times, and it never changes. I enjoy it's consistency. This year, as always, Flick will be "triple-dog-dared" to stick his tongue to a pole, and Ralphie will get a BB gun. This year, as always, I will for a while forget about my worries and think only of how lucky I am to have such a wonderful life filled with such wonderful family and friends. 


. . . and how lucky I am to have such wonderful (and not-so-wonderful) traditions to remind of that.


Merry Christmas!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...