Saturday, November 5, 2011

Deep Breaths

I feel compelled to take a step back.
I feel compelled to take a few deep breaths.
I feel compelled to reflect.




Sometimes, I forget to appreciate all of the wonderful things that fill my world.

I confuse my dreams with my duties and mistake minor setbacks for life-altering dilemmas. Even worse, I let this confusion and mistake blind me from recognizing that the best parts of my world remain intact.

The stresses of daily life make it far too easy to not feel thankful and to not show appreciation for the amazing opportunities and people I have encountered on my journey. Some of these opportunities have led to destinations I never imagined reaching, and some of these people have held my hand and cheered me on as I traveled to get to those places.


Even on the worst days, I must remember to be grateful for this.



Now, take some deep breaths and and think about your beautiful life.

Take time to appreciate the people and things that make your world so glorious.

Isn't reflection refreshing?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...