Friday, November 18, 2011

Halloween in Athens

I feel compelled to relive my Halloween experience. I know this is a bit late, and Halloween is so last month. But I am still munching away on a bag of candy corn I bought amidst the festivities, so I consider it timely. Plus, I got the recap out before Thanksgiving. I consider that a success.

Halloween on Court Street: If you haven't heard about it, then look it up. It's a legend, a tradition and yet another reason Ohio University tops all other places of higher education. It even has its own Wikipedia page.

Halloween is especially fun for me because it is my birthday. Yes, I was born on All Hallow's Eve. Feel free to call me Elvira. I used to think everyone dressed up on that day to celebrate my birthday. I'm still not entirely certain that's not the case.

This year was my 21st birthday -- Let the festivities begin.

The costume:
Frankenstein & Bride of Frankenstein

I dressed as Frankenstein, and my manfriend (I should blog about him sometime) dressed as Bride of Frankenstein. I promise, he is very handsome when he doesn't look like, uh, that.

Special guests:
BFFs (for real)

Two of my best friends came to visit and celebrate with me. I have been friends with these ladies since I was 6 years old. Our friendship first sparked at Northwood Elementary, and the flame has lived on ever since. Cortney (left) and Alyson (right) dressed up as Sims. I don't play computer games. I thought they were just wearing neat hats.

Surprise visitors:
The Snyder women

My mom and my sister made a special, surprise trip to Athens to wish me a very happy birthday. I was shocked and delighted when they showed up at my house. My mom wore a terrifying mask when she came to greet me. I was afraid to hug her for the first 20 minutes of her visit.

The crew:
"We love HallOUween!"

You probably see some familiar faces in this crowd. Can you spot Rachel Zoe?

More memorable moments and creative costumes:


Soul Sistas

Dalmation - Frank - Speedy Gonzales

Creepiest costume of the night

Out on the town

We bring out the best in each other

Wrapping up the night on Court Street

OK, now who's ready for Christmas?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...