Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: The Year In Review

It seems like the consensus is that 2011 came and went in a flash. I agree. I cannot believe that 365 days have passed since I last rang in the new year.

2011 held many lessons for me. It was perhaps the biggest learning experience of my life. It was filled with both happiness and sorrow, and it was characterized by both triumphs and letdowns. In the end, I feel like I'm coming out as a stronger and more confident person. Now, I am welcoming the New Year with open arms and am looking forward to what 2012 has in store.


Here is a quick recap of my year:


  • I met someone, and I learned what it takes to build and maintain a relationship. In fact, I'm learning more each and every day.
I like him

A lot



  • I experienced my first great loss -- and gained a guardian angel.





  • I moved out of Ohio University's dorms and was reminded how glorious it is to have my own room.


  • I was continually reminded how lucky I am to have supportive and loving family and friends. Life would be hard without my tribe.
My biggest fans

My soul sisters

My childhood pals turned adulthood companions


  • I interned for Intern Queen Inc. and became extremely passionate about my work. The first book I read in 2012 will be "All Work, No Pay" by Lauren Berger, the Intern Queen. Through my internship, I also became part of the Intern Queen family. I am constantly amazed and inspired by the achievements of my Intern Queen siblings.


  • I showcased my programming mastery by planning and hosting the first ever Harry Potter Day at OU.
Look who showed up

Which house are you?


  • I turned 21. (I actually found it to be anti-climatic.)


  • I ran hundreds of miles.


  • I became a very proud aunt.
Perfection in baby form


2011 was a good year. 
It was challenging at times, but most good things require a bit of work.

And now for my  New Year's Resolution: I'm not making one.

As I've said before, I don't believe in New Year's resolutions.  I see no point in wandering off course when I like the path I am on.

I think of the New Year as an opportunity to remind myself of the dreams and desires I already have. Just like couples renew their vows, New Year's is a time for me to renew the promises I have made to myself. It is the perfect occasion to find a new spark and to gain a new energy so that I may work even harder to accomplish my goals in the future.

This quote is my motto for the New Year:
‎"Do the things you used to talk about doing but never did. Know when to let go and when to hold on tight. Stop rushing. Don't be intimidated to say it like it is. Stop apologizing all the time. Learn to say no, so your yes has some oomph. Spend time with the friends who lift you up, and cut loose the ones who bring you down. Stop giving your power away. Be more concerned with being interested than being interesting. Be old enough to appreciate your freedom, and young enough to enjoy it. Finally know who you are."
- Kristin Armstrong
Happy New Year! See you in 2012.

4 comments:

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn said... [Reply]

Ahhh girl you are so pretty!!! And look at that BABY! How adorable. You are a ray of sunshine. Here's to 2012!

Allison said... [Reply]

Hi Kellie!

I have the exact same outlook on resolutions! Happy to have found your blog. I'll be subscribing and following :)

-Allison

Kellie Snyder said... [Reply]

@Allison I am glad you found the blog, too! I am so happy to have a new follower!

Kellie Snyder said... [Reply]

@Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn She is a doll! And thank you for the lovely compliments! You are a burst of happiness! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...