Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Believe It Or Not

I am leaving New York City.

Tomorrow, my coworkers and I are boarding a plane and heading off to Las Vegas.

I am full of mixed emotions.

I am excited to continue my internship on location for the 2012 Miss USA Competition, but I am sad that my two-month stay in NYC is over.

I know many of you would like to punch me in the face for saying I'm not "over the moon" about a free trip to Vegas. So, I'll focus this post on my last weekend love affair with NYC, instead of my "problems."

I started my weekend off with a relaxing after-work run along the Hudson River.

Then, I had a date.

16 Handles, I love you

... A fro-yo date with Sarah, Jen, Sam and Megan.

I know the combination above looks a little odd, but, trust me, it was delicious. I don't remember exactly what I put in it. I went with the "shove everything you can into the bowl" strategy for this one. Although, I do remember that the key ingredient was Fruity Pebbles.

We spent the rest of the night talking, and then we all went to bed early. (I don't care if you think I'm lame; I was still still recovering from the No-Sleep-A-Thon a.k.a. media tour.)

Saturday morning started with Pilates and shoe shopping, which, by the way, is an incredible combination. Later in the afternoon, Sarah, Sam, Jen and I decided to take a ride on the Staten Island Ferry.




Eventually, I saw something besides the backs of people's heads.

Statue of Liberty

Sometimes I catch a glimpse of Lady Liberty while running. Once it's in my view, I can never look away. Everything about it is beautiful.

Manhattan

After we got off the ferry, we booked it to The Webster rooftop. It was a gorgeous day, and we wanted to soak up every possible ounce of sunlight.


... And then we wanted to excessively photograph ourselves.





When the sun went down, we headed inside to get ready for a night out.



Our first stop was Ripley's Believe It Or Not! in Times Square. I used to watch the Ripley's TV series when I was younger, so I was not a stranger to these oddities.

Freakish friends forever

WHERE ARE MY LEGS!?

The 1400 Pound Man

Rub-a-dub-dub

Staring contest with an Indian chief (I won)

Instant nightmares
I deserve my own exhibit
 After we had our fill of weird, we went to dinner at Hard Rock.


I got a veggie burger. (Big shocker, I know.) I was absolutely stuffed after this meal. I blame it on the french fries extra lettuce.


We enjoyed Hard Rock's unique atmosphere and ear-pleasing music for awhile after dinner and then explored Times Square a little more before calling it a night.

The next day, I kept up with my usual Sunday shopping routine and made a final trip to H&M. I also went running and started packing up my room. Before I knew it, my last weekend in the city was over.

I believe everything I saw at Ripley's, but I somehow cannot believe that I am actually leaving New York City. I promise, I will be back.


... No, seriously, I have to come back in June to finish off my internship.

See you later, Big City!

2 comments:

Joe Lofino said... [Reply]

Hey Kellie! Awesome read! Cool pics! Love the city life (while we're young) :)

Kellie Snyder said... [Reply]

Thanks, Joe! I am definitely loving the city life!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...