Monday, June 18, 2012

Currently

Yesterday, I moved into my new house in Athens, Ohio. In a few months, six special ladies (prepare for countless "This is our house!" photos) will move in with me. For now, I'm sharing the space with a subleaser.

Moving into a new place is always a process. Miscellaneous belongings are scattered all over my room, there is no Internet or hot water, maintenance men are putting in new floors (read: making loud noises at 8 a.m.), and my clothes are having anxiety about whether or not they will fit in the closet (they won't).

It's a work in progress, but it will all come together eventually.

In the past month and a half, I've lived in New York City, Las Vegas, NYC again, Dayton, and Athens.

Life has been moving at full speed -- which is exactly why I feel compelled to slow down, take a breath, and reflect on everything I'm feeling, doing, and thinking right now.

Currently I am ...


  • Listening to this song on repeat:


  • Drinking Donkey coffee like it's water.

Need. More. Coffee!


  • Getting back in the swing of schoolwork (note the highlighter and planner in above photo). I'm taking two online classes this summer: Money & Banking and Ethics, Media & Society. Can you feel my excitement radiating through the computer? Because I can feel your jealousy.


  • Feeling incredibly thankful for my parents. Yesterday, they helped me move a bed, a desk, and a TV from my old house into my new house.

    Bodybuilders in disguise


  • Waiting impatiently for my pal Maddie's next blog post. She is interning in Manhattan this summer and is sharing her experiences via a witty and fashion-conscious blog. My NYC withdraw symptoms are greatly mitigated by her photos and musings. Our big city stays overlapped for one rainy day.

Passing off the NYC torch


  • Anticipating an emotionally-charged reunion with Ping, the Ohio University student gym. I missed that place more than I missed most people while I was gone.


... and now, I'm getting back to organizing and cleaning my new house like the shameless OCD sufferer I am.



What are you doing?




2 comments:

HowdyFromNYC said... [Reply]

OMG Your name is Kellie Snyder?! No. freaking. way.

Congrats on your move! :)

Kellie Snyder said... [Reply]

Thank you!! It's still a work in progress, but it's coming along quickly!

... and I'm sure you agree it is a WONDERFUL name! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...